Sunday, January 27, 2008

Dumb Ass

***









That's Dumb Ass. 

AKA Cash. Cassius Clay. Retard. Nervous little poodle. 


The list goes on.


*

If there is anything at all going on, Dumb Ass is the last to know about it. Feeding time, walkies, nappies, whatever. 

Day late and a dollar short.


He's a good kid, though. 


He does like to play. 


*

He usually hurts himself and breaks something. Then limps around howling and barking and half wagging his little stumpy tail and trying to grin, like "Oh, it's nothing. I'm okay. Did you see that big old table right there? Man, I had no idea it was that hard. Am I bleeding?"

What do you do with a dog like that?


*

Half the time he barks, he got no idea. 

Just likes the sound of it, I guess.

*


He's just the thing, though, when you need somebody to go to the beach with, or run in the mud with, or someone to bite. I can latch onto those jowls and he'll drag me around the backyard for hours.


I like him alright. 


Not his fault he's dumb as a box of hammers.


*


So, that's the crew. Me and Raj and Cash. The three amigos. 


*

1 comment:

james said...

dear lu, this has been one of my favorite places to visit, from the very start. and not only are you one of the best writers i know of, i think you're also one of the best ...friends a man could have.